Pages

Thursday 12 July 2012

Meanwhile in Blogland

Afternoon Everyone!

It has been over a month since my last post and that is because I have moved to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.  Although it doesn't feel like it with all the rain that we have been having!  Now that I am no longer surrounded by boxes (because I have shoved half of them in the downstairs storeroom shhhh...) and have the internet connected I can get back to work on my blog.  I can't believe how much I have missed it! 

Over the past 6 years I have lived in some very remote places (including an island).  Here is a list of all the things that I find exciting about living in the suburbs again:

1. Mail everyday.
2. Fresh milk anytime I need it.
3. Not having to drive 150km for groceries.
4. Shopping, shopping, shopping.
5. The beach.

And the best thing of all:

6. Being close to friends and family!

I have found settling into coastal living a bit harder that I expected.  Things that I miss terribly are:
1. Daily walks around the community with the local children.
2. Being mates with the local teachers, cops, and nurses.
3. Walking down the street and having everyone say 'hi'.

And the thing that I miss most of all is that country finger wave when you pass someone on the road.  If you have ever lived in the country, you know the one I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; even if it is just to say 'Hi". I would love to hear from you!